Mallika Sherawat, also known by her real name Reena-Lamba, is an Indian actress and model born 24 October 1976 in Hisar in Haryana. Primarily working in Hindi movies as an actress, Mallika has made attempts at entering Hollywood through movies like Khwahish in 2003 and Murder in 2004; for which she received rave reviews. Most notably she made an award-winning comedy performance in Pyaar Ke Side Effects (2006) which earned rave reviews from critics.
Mallika Sherawat Biography
|Date of Birth
|Sunday, 24 October, 1976
|Age (as of today – 13 August, 2023)
|46 years, 9 months and 20 days
|Religion / Caste
|Hinduism / NA
|168 Centimeters / 1.68 Meters / 5 feet 6 inches
|52 Kilograms / 115 Lbs
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign
Mallika Sherawat initially claimed in the early years of her career to have come from a very traditional small-town family and to have faced many difficulties before finding success in Bollywood. Her family has since stated this claim is false; rather it was manufactured by Sherawat herself to give off an impression that she came from rural areas before finding success there. Mallika is also currently making efforts to cross over into Hollywood as she attempts to expand her horizons beyond India’s shores.
Mallika Sherawat began her career as a model. She appeared in television advertisements for BPL featuring Amitabh Bachchan and Santro featuring Shahrukh Khan. Mallika Sherawat also appeared in music videos by Nirmal Pandey for Maar Dala and Lak Tunoo by Surjit Bindrakhia. Mallika made her film debut with Jeena Sirf Merre Liye (2002) where she had a minor role before changing it due to confusion with another Reema Lamba that also shared this name; Khwahish helped propel her fame, though.
Mallika Sherawat first gained recognition when her movie, based somewhat on Erich Segal’s Love Story, performed well at the box office. Mallika then made her first cross-border trip for Chinese movie The Myth (2005) alongside Jackie Chan. Following that experience, local audiences got more of Mallika in films like Pyaar Ke Side Effects (2006) featuring Rahul Bose; critics enjoyed romantic comedies. Shaadi Se Pehle (2006) and Darna Zaroori Hai (2006) both saw her make appearances, while she made special cameo appearances in Shaadi Se Pehle (2006) as well as making appearances from Guru (2007) film.
Mallika Sherawat Body Measurements
Mallika Sherawat Body Measurements Body Measurements 36-26-36 Inches Bra Size 36 c Waist Size 26 Inches Hip Size 36 Inches
Mallika Sherawat Age
She is Now 47 Years (as in 2023)
Mallika Sherawat Height
She is stands at a height of 5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
Mallika Sherawat Weight
She is 52 kg or 115 lbs
Father – Mukesh Kumar Lamba
Mother – Santosh Sherawat
Siblings – Vikram Lamba
Mallika Sherawat Net Worth
Mallika Sherawat is an Indian actress who has a net worth is $21 Million (Rs. 170 Crores).
Mallika Sherawat Favorites
Favorite Pets: Cat
Favorite Food: Multi grain toast
Favorite Destination: Goa
Favorite Color: Black, Pink, Blue
Hobbies: Yoga, Travelling
Favorite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Mallika Sherawat’s real name is Reema Lamba, though she accepted her surname from her Mom’s name Santosh Sherawat.
- She worked as an air hostess prior acting.
- In the year 2000, she married to a Jet Airways pilot named Karan Singh Gill, though the couple got divorced only after one year.
- She shot to fame by appearing in a film called Khwahish for which she did more than17 kisses with co-actor Himanshu Malik.
- Mallika Sherawat was one time offered to pose nude for a famous magazine, but she rejected the offer by saying that she was feared not to get work in Bollywood movies because of it.
- The diamonds that Mallika wore at Cannes Film Festival 2005 was worth INR 4.5 crore.
On several occasions she had a chance to meet with Barack Obama.
- In the year 2005, Mallika Sherawat made her first Hollywood debut opposite Jackie Chan with movie The Myth.