Minecraft’s multi-platform cross-play feature is one of its best features. It’s a popular simulation game by Mojang Studios. Sometimes you may encounter an error known as https or ms remoteconnect failing to work. It is normal to panic when you first see the error. You might be trying to log in to your Microsoft account to set up Remote Connect. It isn’t difficult to fix the error. The process can be completed in just a few minutes. You can then resume playback.
This guide will show you how to fix the https or ms remoteconnect error that can be seen on various devices such as PS4 and Nintendo Switch. We’ll also discuss how to set Microsoft Remote Connect up on Xbox, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
What is https, also known as ms remoteconnect
Microsoft Remote Connect, also known by https or ms remoteconnect is used to allow cross-platform Minecraft gaming. The system is required to allow you to resume Minecraft gameplay on different devices such as a PS4, Nintendo Switch, or Windows PC.
This system works only if you connect your Microsoft account with the Minecraft account. After the connection is made successfully, your Microsoft account and the Minecraft data will be merged. All your Minecraft data will then be accessible on any device that you sign into using the Microsoft account. It works almost as if it were magic. Unfortunately, users often have trouble using https aka MS remoteconnect on their PS4, Switch and PC.
We now know what the error means, so let’s look at possible reasons you may be seeing it on your Nintendo Switch, PS4, or PS5.
Why does the https aka MS remoteconnect error occur?
These are the reasons you might see the https aka MS remoteconnect error while trying to play Minecraft on your PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, or smartphone device.
- Data corruption is the main reason you see the https or ms remoteconnect error on your device. You will not be allowed to sign in via https/aka ms remoteconnect if your device’s game data is corrupted by an accident shutdown or another hardware error.
- A poor setup could also be a contributing factor to the problem we are referring to. You might have made a mistake when setting up https, aka ms distantconnect, for the first time. You would most likely come across the problem in this instance.
- You might also get the https aka MS remoteconnect error if you’re signed in to another device . Minecraft doesn’t like simultaneous sessions. You might need to end the session in order to play on another device.
- Server error is also known to cause an error with https aka “ms remoteconnect”. Although they are reliable most of the time Microsoft servers can still fail. You may make mistakes while working with them.
- Last but not the least, software problems can cause the https aka MS remoteconnect error. These errors are rare because developers strive to fix them as soon as possible.
Let’s find out what caused the https aka MS remoteconnect error.
How do I fix https aka Ms Remoteconnect Not Working Error
Based on their effectiveness and ease-of-use, we have compiled the best ways to fix the https aka MS remoteconnect error. We’ll start with the basics, such as restarting your device. Then we will move on to more advanced options, such as reinstalling Minecraft.
#1 Problem. Restart your device
When you get the https aka MS remoteconnect error, the first thing to do is to restart your device. This applies to your PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and Android. It should be resolved by the time you find out if there was an issue with your device or network. This step is simple, but it’s more common than you might think. You can eliminate many errors by restarting your PS4/Switch.
After restarting the device, you will be able to return to Minecraft gaming within a matter of seconds.
# 2: Log out from other devices
Make sure your account does not appear to be active on any other devices. You must log out immediately of any devices that you are logged into. You are more likely to encounter the https aka MS remoteconnect not working issue if you sign in to multiple devices simultaneously.
To keep things simple and running smoothly, recommends that you only sign in to one device at a time to make it easier. Although it’s not easy, it is better than being unable to access Minecraft on any other device. After you log out of other devices, you may be able to set up remoteconnect on your PS4 and PS5.
This solution has been reported by many users to be able remove the https aka MS remoteconnect error from Switch and PS4 using this method.
# 3: Fix Corrupted Game Data
Corrupted Game Data is the most common reason we are facing today. You can remove corrupted data from any device, no matter what model it is.
You can remove corrupted game data by going to Settings, and choosing System Setting. You can then move to Games to find your Minecraft game data files. After you have deleted the files, you can launch Minecraft.
You will need to sign in again to remoteconnect because game data files have been lost. Follow the steps again. Once you’re done, you can play Minecraft without problems.
Fix #4: Create a new Microsoft Account
This is how to fix the https aka MS remoteconnect error. Instead of using an existing Microsoft account, create one. In a matter of minutes, the setup is complete. You can then use the Remote Connect feature easily.
There are some caveats to this solution. First, will not be able to access the achievements and activity from your previous account. If you have any serious items in your old Minecraft account, it could be a problem. If you are just getting started with Minecraft, it should not be a problem to start over with a new Microsoft account.
This solution is easy to set up and maintain. You may have already heard that a Microsoft account can be created and maintained for free.
- This Link is available.
- Click the link titled “Create an account.”
- You have two options: either create a new email account or update your existing email account.
- Enter your password and click Next
Fix #5 Sign out and Reinstall Minecraft
Remote connect not working errors can also be caused by software bugs or driver problems, as we have already mentioned. It is a good idea to log out of your Microsoft account, and then reinstall Minecraft onto your PS4/Switch. The process won’t take much time as Minecraft and all its versions can be downloaded from the official game store on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC.
This solution is more universal than the one you have. You can easily resume your gaming experience by installing Minecraft again.
Fix #6: Set up https aka MS remoteconnect Correctly
The majority of times, https aka Ms Remoteconnect System does not work due to a unideal setup. It is a good idea to start over with your system. Although the steps may vary slightly for each device, we will provide the basic information.
After you’ve seen six ways to fix https aka MS remoteconnect not working errors, let us now look at how to set Microsoft Remote Connect up on different devices.
How do you set up Microsoft Remote Connect on your One?
These are the steps to set up Microsoft Remote Connect on your One.
- Navigate to your Xbox One settings, and click on the link to log in to your Microsoft account
- You should see an eight-digit code after a few steps.
- Copy and paste the code by writing it somewhere
- Now, visit https://aka.ms/remoteconnect and enter the code to authorize your device
This is it. Your Xbox One has been authorized to access your Microsoft Account. The Xbox One’s changes will now be synchronized with your Microsoft account.
How to set up Cross-Play Engine Xbox
Suppose you play Minecraft using your Xbox console. You want to play Minecraft with your friends, even though not everyone has an Xbox. You might have one friend who has a PS4, and another who may have a Switch. You can play with them in both cases by setting up cross-play on Xbox.
Follow the below steps to enable cross-play on Xbox.
- Hold your Xbox Controller in your hand and press the Xbox button
- After you have logged in to Settings go to Account > Account Privacy > Online Security
- Go to the Xbox Live Privacy option.
- Navigate to Custom > View Details and Customize> Communication & Multiplayer
- On the next page, enable Communication Outside of Xbox Live
All cross-play games will work as intended once you enable the cross-play engine for Xbox. There are no internal changes required. If you are unable to play with friends using different consoles, these steps may be helpful.
How to set up Minecraft cross-play on your PS4 or Nintendo Switch
These steps will allow you to use the same Minecraft account from your PS4 and Nintendo Switch. You should also be able fix the https aka MS remoteconnect error.
- You must ensure that Minecraft has been downloaded from the appropriate game stores.
- After you have opened the game you will find an option to sign into your Microsoft account
- After you have signed up using your credentials, you will see an eight-digit code on the screen . It is important to keep it safe.
- Now, you have to open https://aka.ms/remoteconnect from your PC, Mac, or a smartphone
- When asked, type the eight-digit code you copied from the PS4/Nintendo Switch screen
- Click the button to submit and follow the instructions on-screen
- Once you’re done, go back to the PS4 or Nintendo Switch and complete the setup.
Once you’ve completed the process, you should be able play with friends who have other consoles than a PS4 and Nintendo Switch. For example, you might come across someone who uses an Xbox or a PC.
How to fix https://aka.ms/remoteconnect not working on Nintendo Switch?
It can sometimes be confusing to see errors in https aka MS remoteconnect on Switch. It doesn’t take long to solve the problem. If Remote Connect is not working on your Nintendo Switch, here are some things you can try.
- Follow the above-mentioned setup process.
- You can log off Switch and log back to try the same method.
- If you’re still confused, you can also consider reinstalling Minecraft to your Nintendo Switch
These steps will help you fix the https aka MS remoteconnect error on your Switch.
Why am I seeing the Aka MS Remoteconnect Error
There are many reasons why you might be getting the https aka MS remoteconnect error. Most cases are due to a issue in the setup. Hardware and software issues can also cause the problem.
How can I fix the Aka MS Remoteconnect error?
There are many ways to fix https://aka.ms/remoteconnect error. You can redo your setup and log in to the program. You can try reinstalling Minecraft once it doesn’t work.
Is Aka MS Remoteconnect safe to use?
The https website, also known as ms remoteconnect, is 100% safe to use. This website is owned and operated by Microsoft. It is used to authenticate your Microsoft account for Remote Connect or cross-play.
Are you required to have a Microsoft account in order to play Minecraft?
Although you don’t need a Microsoft account in order to play Minecraft, it is highly recommended. By synchronizing your Microsoft account with the servers , you can save all your progress. All data stored locally will not be saved.
How to set up a Nintendo Switch for Minecraft Crossplay
Sign into your Microsoft account to set up your Nintendo Switch cross-play. After you’ve done this, your Gamertag is a way for your friends to reach you in Minecraft. It takes less than one minute and is easy.
We think we’ve covered everything you need to know about https://aka.ms/remoteconnect issues. Also how to fix them on PS4, Nintendo Switch and other consoles. We are happy to help you with any questions.