Find My Device easily lets you remotely monitor, lock, and erase data from the phone that was stolen or lost. You can also view the remaining battery capacity on your phone, as well as the Wi-Fi network that it is connected to. There are many other methods to locate the stolen Android phone however Find My Device is the most convenient option and is accessible in every Android handsets from the beginning.
Find My Device is a component of the Google Play Protect and the wider Play Services, which is a set of tools that are that are designed to safeguard your phone from harmful content. Google makes use of its machine-learning expertise to verify and scan the applications that are installed on your phone. And even though this Verify Apps feature has existed for a while, Google is making the process more apparent to the users.
This is what you should be aware of concerning Find My Device and how you can configure it on your smartphone.
- 1 Does my phone work in conjunction with Find My Device?
- 2 How do I get started using Find My Device
- 3 Find out if the phone is able to be identified using Find My Device
- 4 How do you locate your mobile via the internet
- 5 Find My Device
- 6 How to call your phone using Find My Device
- 7 How do you lock your phone using Find My Device
- 8 Find My Device
- 9 How do you erase your lost phone’s information remotely
Does my phone work in conjunction with Find My Device?
Before we go over what you need to do to configure Find My Device, it’s crucial to determine if your phone is compatible with it. If your device is that runs the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later then you’ll be able download Find My Device. This means that around 90% of all the active Android gadgets — which is more than 2.5 billion devices across the globe can use Find My Device.
Find My Device should be installed right out of the box on the majority of new phones, but it is possible to manually download it via the Play Store. We’ll explain it for you:
- Launch the the Play Store via your main screen, or in the app drawer.
- Look up Find My Device.
- Click three dots 3 dots on the first search result and then select Installation.
How do I get started using Find My Device
Once you’ve installed the app, you’ll need to sign into Find My Device from your Google account. If you’re signed on to multiple accounts for your device, you’ll see an option menu that you can choose the account you wish to connect with your phone.
- Start the Find device app on Your home screen or in the app drawer.
- Choose which Google account you wish to access the service using.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Enter your Google account password.
- Tap to sign in..
- Provide access to your location access to your service.
Find out if the phone is able to be identified using Find My Device
After you’ve signed into Find My Device, you’ll get a map of the current location of your phone along with the brand as well as model phone . There are two options: Play Sound and enable Lock and Erase. If you select the latter, it will allow you to begin making use of the Lock and erase functions.
If you’ve signed up on multiple phones You can choose one of the devices by scrolling through the list on the upper of your screen.
- Start the Find My Device from your home screen or in the app drawer.
- Choose your mobile from the selection of phones on above the display.
- Check if your phone is easily identified.
If you’re unable locate your phone, or if it states that your device is not accessible, it’s most likely the GPS services are not functioning. Find My Device relies on GPS to locate your phone, therefore this is the perfect moment to activate location services.
- Start Settings on the home screen, or from your application drawer.
- Tap the Location.
- Toggle Enable location services.
How do you locate your mobile via the internet
If you’ve gone missing with your mobile You can locate it remotely it using Find My Device. Locate My Device website. The first step is to log in to the Google account utilized to establish Find My Device. It can take a few minutes however, the service should be able track your phone. Alternately, you could conduct an Google search of “find your phone” to locate your phone.
- Visit Go to Find My Device website.
- Log into Google to sign in with Google Account.
- Check if your device is visible.
Find My Device
How to call your phone using Find My Device
The greatest benefit of Find My Device is that it’s easily accessible. If you’re trying to find your phone, simply go to the site or sign in using an alternative phone. Once you have signed into Find My Device and locate your phone, you can make use of to use the “Play Sound” option. It emits a loud tone to your phone in continuous volume for 5 minutes, even in the event that you have turned the ringer off. When you locate your phone, press the power button to stop the sounding.
- Find your phone using the Find My Device.
- Tap to for Playing Sound.
- The device will begin ringing. It is possible to press the power button in order to end the sound.
How do you lock your phone using Find My Device
There’s an additional lock option that allows you to make a new password to unlock your phone. Additionally, you can display a message on the lock screen. You can also put in a call button your number back so that any person who sees your phone could easily contact you.
- Find your phone by using Find My Device.
- Tap to lock.
- Enter the message and a phone number to show in the screen of lock. Then press the Lock.
Find My Device
How do you erase your lost phone’s information remotely
If you’re certain that you’ll never return to your phone you have the option of eliminating the information remotely. The option of erase erases all data stored on your phone. It also erases any the data on an SD card, however there’s a chance it won’t be able to do so, based on the model as well as the Android version. Even if your device is off after you issue the command to erase and the reset procedure will begin when it comes online.
- Find your phone by using the Find My Device.
- Tap to erase.
- Confirm the deletion of your data by hitting the erase button.
Find My Device is the only device you’ll require to find the phone that is missing. The greatest part is that it’s installed straight out of the box after you’ve installed it there’s no need to use it in any way. A system like this is useful however, you should take the time to note down the device’s IMEI or serial numbers. It is never uninformed and, in the event when the phone is lost or it is stolen or stolen, having an IMEI number allows you to deregister the phone on cell phone networks.