Android browsers are one of the most used applications for mobile devices. When Android utilizes the web (content://com.android.browser.home/), having the correct highlights can transform the experience. Chrome, which is often Google’s default browser for Android phones, is almost always used.
You’ve probably already purchased an Android smartphone with many great features. There are still some issues because manufacturers have branded everything. Even the landing page of the browser with the manufacturer’s information.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/
Using the Content://com.android.browser.home command is ubiquitous when browsing using an Android browser. By allowing users to change the Android browser default settings through this command line (content://com.android.browser.home/), your user experience will be more robust.
A link such as content://com.android.browser.home shows the default homepage on a browser. There are many browsers available: Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome. They all have their default homepage, located at content://com.android.browser.home/. However, the default home page setting can vary from one browser to the next.
How do I change the default browser for an Android phone?
Let’s first learn how to change our default browsers. You can change the default browser to any one of your favorite browsers like Opera, Firefox, Google Chrome and Firefox. The same process can be used for tablets.
- You can access the Settings menu from your Android device.
- The Manage Apps section will now display all installed apps on your phone.
- Click the three dots at the top right corner of your page. Select Default Apps from the drop-down menu and click on Browser.
- Set your preferred browser as the default browser.
- You are now ready for use after you have set the default browser.
When you search, all the links will be displayed in your preferred browser. It’s your homepage! Scroll down to see how to change the default homepage for different browsers.
Can I change the default homepage on any browser by using “content://com.android.browser.home”?
Different browsers can have a different default homepage. These instructions will show you how to set Mozilla Firefox as your default home page and Google Chrome as your default homepage.
How do I set Google Chrome as my default homepage?
If Google Chrome is your default browser, the following steps will help you set your default homepage.
- Your Android phone should now open the Google Chrome browser. To open the Google Chrome browser, click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- The Home page is located under Basics in Settings.
- Chrome can be used to search for flags by entering Chrome://flags.
- Click the “Force Enable Home Page Button”.
- Click on the open this page button and enter the URL to choose which page you want as your default. Click Save.
- After launching the browser again, go back to the Chrome settings.
- The options will be displayed on the homepage.
- You will see a new Google Chrome window. Your custom default homepage will be displayed.
How to Set the Default Home Page in Mozilla Firefox Using “content://com.android.browser.home/”
Below are step-by-step instructions on setting your default homepage on Mozilla Firefox.
- To open the Mozilla browser on Android, click the three dots at the upper right corner.
- Select General from the drop-down menu and go to Settings.
- You can also select Custom. Enter your desired URL to change Mozilla’s homepage.
- Next, click OK.
- Reactivate Mozilla browser. It will display your homepage.
The way to remove “content://com.android.browser.home/”
It is the default homepage of our browser on an android device, as we know what it is called “content://com.android.browser.home/”. If you want to change your default homepage in your web browser, the following steps are possible.
- Navigate to your default web browser’s homepage.
- Click on the option to open the menu.
- Click on general to bring up the homepage.
- Enter the URL that you want to be your home page.
- Save your changes.
The purpose of this article is to review what is content://com.android.browser.home/ and how to adjust the default homepages for different web browsers. There are a few settings for content://com.android.browser.home/ that are accessible by default and aren’t editable.