Visit www.aka.ms/yourpc to sync your Windows 10 Phone with your Microsoft Account. You can also manage all your phone apps from your computer. To use the features such as making calls, answering texts and viewing them, sync your device to www.aka.ms/yourpc
Microsoft allows users to connect their phones to their computers using an incredible feature called “Microsoft”. www.aka.ms/yourpc allows you to directly access your smartphone and link it.
Enter your code at www.aka.ms/yourpc
- Go to www.aka.ms/yourpc in your browser.
- On your screen, you will see an 8-digit code.
- Enter the 8-digit code on your device’s screen or app.
The basic requirements for connecting the phone to a Windows PC are –
- Your Phone Companion Open the web browser from your phone to search for the Windows app. This will take to Your Phone Companion official page on Google Play Store.
- Latest Version – Make sure you have the most recent version.
Windows 10 (May 2019 Update and thereafter).
Windows 11 Android 7.0 (Nougat).
An Android device running .
- Wi Fi Connection – Both your phone and PC must be connected to the same Wi Fi network.
How do I download and connect www.aka.ms/yourpc for Android 7.0?
This description will help you connect your phone with a Windows computer.
- First, go to www.aka.ms/yourpc Link.
Note: If you have a compatible Samsung device, the browser will redirect you to Microsoft Store to get the app.
- You might be redirected by Google Play Store to download and install this app – Your Phone Companion Link to Windows PC
Install the app
- There are two ways to sign in:
Option 1 : Select the option to enter an email ID.
Option 2 QR code
Notice – You can connect your phone to your computer with both of these options
- Click Continue
- Click ” Allow” to grant permission to send and read the message.
- Select ” Allow” to enable you to make and receive phone calls.
- If you are asked to give access to your contacts, choose ” Allow” to enable it.
- After clicking Continue, click ” Let’s Stay Connected“.
- You have the option to choose whether battery optimization is disabled or enabled according to your needs.
Installing Your Phone App on Windows 10 via www.aka.ms/yourpc
- Click the Start button.
- Search for Settings.
- Click Update Protection in the Settings tab.
- Click on ” Check For Updates“.
Notification: Once the update is completed, you can download the Windows operating system from the Internet and all the pending Windows OS updates. You will also see an activation of a feature that links to Windows PC for your smartphone on your computer.
How do you sync your Windows 10 smartphone and computer with your Microsoft account?
Your Microsoft account allows you to connect Windows 10 phones to your computer. To sign in to your phone, follow the below steps
- Tap Settings > Accounts in the app list.
- Select Add a Microsoft account under Accounts used in other apps
- You can enter your account information or create one if you don’t already have one.
How do I connect to my PC & phone?
- Setting up a phone connection
- Stopping device from your PC
Phone connection –
It is necessary that you have an internet connection, and your device version must be above 6.0. This is the first step in the process.
- You can find compatible software for your smartphone on this website www.aka.ms/yourpc.
- After downloading and viewing the file, please open it on your smartphone.
- It will now ask you for basic credentials to your Microsoft account. Fill them in such as username and password.
- Once you have done this, remember your email ID and log into the same account on your laptop or PC.
- It will display a QR code scanner after you have completed all the steps.
- Simply click on the image and scan it in your computer where you are logged in using your Microsoft ID.
- Now, you have to visit this link www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc to open the scanner to scan your smartphone.
- This will take you to the PhoneLink app. Click on the ” Open Your Phone” option to display a www.aka.ms scanner.
- Let the scanner scan your phone by placing it in front of it. It will verify your device and ask you for basic permissions. These should be carefully read before you proceed.
- It is now complete. Your device will be displayed on the computer’s screen.
- Use the features of your smartphone from your computer!
Terminating device using PC
Unlink your smartphone from your PC using the steps below –
- Log in to the Microsoft official website with the same email ID.
- Go to the ” devices” section. A list of connected devices will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the device that you wish to remove and confirm.
- Open the app again on your smartphone. It will be displayed disconnected.
- Open the companion app and select the Settings option. You will see the Accounts option. Open it.
- Look for the Microsoft email ID that was entered on your PC.
- After you have completed the search, click on the account to open it and then press the ” Logout” button.
- Follow the prompt links to unpair your device from the computer.